Association of Malawians in Scotland (AMS) was formed by Malawians living in Scotland. The Association aims to achieve the following objectives as enshrined in the constitution (copy below):
- Creating and maintaining a directory of Malawians living in Scotland.
- Raise funds to support the work of the association and its members.
- Providing a means by which Malawians in Scotland can integrate into and engage with Scottish society.
- Operating charitable projects in Malawi and Scotland.
- Acting as a social support group for Malawians in Scotland.
- Providing advisory services to the Scottish Government and to Scottish charities, groups and individuals with interest on Malawi.
- Organizing social events for Malawians in Scotland and for other interested parties.
The association seeks to achieve the above objectives by:
- attracting members to join the association;
- conduct charitable activities;
- engaging members in various social activities to encourage sharing of knowledge and resources;
- exploring and facilitating socio-economic development in or between Malawi and Scotland by utilizing the available opportunities